50W Heater CartridgeOctober 5, 2021
3DXTECH CarbonX ASA+CF 750g 1.75mmOctober 5, 2021
3DXTECH CarbonX ABS+CF 750g 1.75mm
CarbonX™ ABS+CF is made using 3DXTECH’s high-flow ABS and premium high-modulus carbon fiber. This material offers ease of printing, strength & stiffness, excellent dimensional stability, and an amazing surface finish.
Spool Size: 750g
Out of stock
Email when stock available
CarbonX™ ABS+CF Carbon Fiber Reinforced ABS
CarbonX™ ABS+CF is a high-performance carbon fiber reinforced ABS filament ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, excellent surface quality, dimensional stability, light weight, and ease of printing. Made using 15% High-Modulus Carbon Fiber (not carbon powder or milled carbon fiber). Made in the USA using premium Sabic MG-94 ABS and high modulus carbon fiber.
Benefits of CarbonX™ ABS+CF Include:
- Stiff, high-modulus, industrial-grade parts off many 3D printers available on the market today
- Greatly improved stiffness, modulus, and dimensional stability thanks to the addition of carbon fiber reinforcement
- Easier to print than most industrial-grade materials
- Parts can be smoothed with acetone vapors
- Higher melting point than PLA or PETG
1.75mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 220-240°C
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm.
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments.
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, a chamber helps reduce warping.
- Supports: Water soluble AquaTek X1 USM works great for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 80°C for 4 hours.
This material is particularly abrasive among 3D printing filaments. Users may find standard brass nozzles are chewed through very quickly compared to standard wear and tear. When worn through, the nozzle diameter will widen inconsistently and the printer will experience extrusion issues.
Use hardened steel nozzles with this filament to maximize toolhead life and quality of your prints!
Because of this, it’s strongly recommended this material be printed through a hardened steel nozzle rather than a softer metal. Hardened steel nozzles can often be inexpensive and easily installed depending on your printer manufacturer’s instructions.
|Dimensions||22 × 23 × 9 cm|